Halloween on the Mile
Here are the details:
From 3 to 6 p.m., you can expect trick-or-treating at participating stores, a scavenger hunt, costume contests for kids and dogs, scary storytelling, a haunted house and other good stuff.
What I like about this event is that it's fun and safe. People get out there and really have a good spirit, and it's fun for all. Crowded as hell (and avoid driving over if you can, or prepare for bad traffic if you do drive), but fun nonetheless.
Here's the schedule breakdown:
* Trick-or-treating and scavenger hunt begin
* Haunted house at Baptist Medical Plaza (320 Giralda Ave.)
* Doggie costume contest hosted by NBC 6’s Ryan Phillips and sponsored by The Humane Society of Greater Miami
* Halloween stories at Books & Books (265 Aragon Ave.)
* Special performance by the Magical Miracles at the Miracle Theatre
* Kids costume contest at the Miracle Theatre
In years past, people are still roaming around after the sun's gone down, so that may be the case this year as well.
Try to make it out there if you can, folks.